There isn't a "one-size-fits-all" plan that will get you there - no two businesses are the same, because what works for a retail store in Farmington, New Mexico may not work in Denver, Colorado - or Windsor, England. (yes we've implemented solutions in all of these places).
If you are a medium or smaller retailer, you simply cannot compete on price alone. But believe it or not, you have a competitive advantage against the larger retailer. You have the ability to change quickly, with minimal cost and impact to your day-to-day business flow. By focusing on customer service and quality, you can avoid the fate of big department stores that are losing the ability to offer a compelling retail experience.
Where do you start?
- Do your employees understand the importance of the "customer greeting"?
- Do your employees know what you expect from them in terms of customer service delivery?
- Have your current employees completed customer service training?
- How much sales training has your team received?
- Are your shrinkage levels below 2.0%?
- Do your employees follow up with customers following a product return or a customer service issue?
If you answered no to any of the above questions, consider providing your employees with training. The key to a successful business is to ensure your entire team works on the "same page" toward achieving the same goal - happy, returning customers. Training is the foundation for your employees to help you achieve retail success.
Training alone isn't always the 100% solution. If you do not already have an established set of sales, service, responsibility and inventory procedures, start now. If you have an area of your retail business that needs special attention, select one of the links below and let us show you how we can help. Often times, the solution is only a few hours away.
With the right training and support, you can look forward to:
- Happier customers
- Happier employees
- Better employee retention
- The ability to attract better retail talent
- Increased sales
- Reduced inventory shrinkage
- Higher profit margin
Running a retail business can be a tough job - but it can also be rewarding and fun. Give us a call at 303-842-9638 or click on the link below and send us an email and let's get together and discuss what RMI can do for you.